Lives and works in Brussels.
Graduate of the Saint-Luc Higher School of Art and student at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts, he uses various techniques such as tempera, oil, inks, charcoal or pastel. His photographic works coexist closely with his painting.
Since 2012 he studies the possibility of recomposing nature in an abstract way, through complex structures, anarchic organizations and at the same time so perfect. He also focused on showing the influence of nature on statuary during an exhibition with Valery Zubarov, official photographer of the Hermitage Museum.
He have been developing since 2016 a concept of rebuilding destroyed art, symptom of a civilizational decline, such as the decapitated busts of the Villa Giulia public garden in Palermo. For him, it is a question of translating an emotion that goes beyond a beauty that no longer exists to the sublime of a destruction that must be accepted.
In 2019 he is starting the “Pack the silence” project. Large oil paintings of portraits and floral compositions packed.
Since 2020 Emmanuel Muraille has turned to sewing. He creates his own prototypes with printed fabrics for which he creates the oil painting patterns. This mode of creation suits him perfectly.
Latest exhibitions :
- Collective : Photo competition Fascination of Plants Day at the National botanical garden (2nd price) [photography]
- Parcours d’artistes d’Uccle : Abstract nature [inks] [painting]
- Collective exhibition at Promenade des artistes of Chastre
- Exhibition at La Cambre Medical Center : Abstract nature [painting]
- Exhibition at Espace St Bernard St Gilles : Life vs Dead (with Valery Zubarof who was the official photographer of Hermitage museum)
- Collective exhibition at Cultural Center of Uccle
- Exhibition at Espace St Bernard St Gilles : Landscapes (including landscapes for Shakespeare’s Ophelia) [painting] [pastels] [photography]
- Exhibition preview “Villa Giulia. From the beautiful to the sublime. 15 photographic interventions” at Galerie Champaka (Brussels) [photography]
- Exhibition “Villa Giulia. From the beautiful to the sublime at Archaeological park of Selinunte, for BIAS 2018 (Biennale Internazionale Arte Contemporanea di Palermo)[photography]
- Collective exhibition for BIAS 2018 at Museum of Contemporary art of Sicily (Palermo), Orestiadi Foundation (Gibellina), Hotel Metropole (Taormina) and Parco archeologico delle Eolie (Tyndaris) [photography]
- Collective exhibition for We Are Artists #7 “La Délirante” at Espace Vanderboght (Brussels) with “Villa Giulia. From the beautiful to the sublime. 15 photographic interventions” [photography]
- Exhibition “Villa Giulia. From the beautiful to the sublime. 15 photographic interventions” and 12 pictures of Palermo at Chapitre XII (Brussels) [photography]
- Exhibition at La Cambre Medical Center : Pack the silence [painting]
- Collective exhibition We Are Artists #10 : Pack the silence [painting] + Katalina Openmouth dress [couture]